Respecting women - How hard is it, really?


I’m shocked, saddened, and utterly aghast. Not just by the one incident that’s been the news-focus of late, but by the millions of such crimes against women that have already happened and will continue to occur across the world, unless there’s some sort of miracle to lift the human consciousness from its shockingly low depths. How did we even descend into such anarchy? When did men lose all sense of restraint and behaviour? Society barely recovers from one incident, and another one occurs, thwarting any attempt of a positive outlook to the future.  

Women need to be credited for the existence of mankind. They are the perfect managers – managing their work and home impeccably. They embody eternal love, compassion, commitment and resilience. Managing every aspect of life harmoniously is only one of their unending qualities. I wonder, then, why they demand to be considered ‘equal’. They’re definitely superior.  

I’ve always asked for only one thing from the almighty – to bless with me a daughter. But with an increasingly depraved male mentality that considers the fairer sex as a device of sexual gratification, no matter how young or old, I better be careful about what I wish for.

2 comments:

Thought provoking enough to be ashamed of being part of a country that does not respect daughters, sisters and mothers.

 

I have stopped watching the news because these things affect me very bad. Your wish for a daughter reminds me of a friend who always wanted a daughter :) I have a son and despite being a woman myself, am too afraid to wish for a daughter in these times... especially after my own day to day encounters with the outer world. There are a million ways to rip off a woman other than rape and what a shame to be doing that when they are born out of a woman too :(